The members of the Internal Medicine Residency Program Leadership are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the residency program. We fully endorse the diversity statement put forth by Cooper's Graduate Medical Education program, but we also feel that it is important to outline the specific ways we are working to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion within our program:
- Participation in the GME Diversity Council.
- Implementing a Grand Rounds curriculum focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Conducting a more holistic review of applicants with a focus on applicants who have a specific interest in taking care of our diverse and underserved community.
- Offering the opportunity for applicants who identify as under-represented minorities to speak with resident/faculty mentors.
- Giving back to our community through regular community service events coordinated by Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU).
- Signing on to a gender equity memorandum of understanding with other programs in the region; this includes a commitment to proactively disseminate our parental leave policy.
Below: IM residents volunteer at the local community garden in Camden. Residents and students also work with the NJ Tree Foundation to beautify the city of Camden.