What is the call schedule during the course of residency?
- R1: Start buddy call in the fall for eight (8) weeks working one late shift per week with a senior resident. Solo evening and weekend call starting January with attending supervision (one (1) weekday per week and one (1) weekend day approximately every other weekend).
- R2: Six (6) non-continuous weeks of nights (8 p.m. to 8 a.m. with attending coverage), three to four weeks of late call (12 p.m. to 8 p.m. with attending coverage) and three to four weekends. All holidays are divided among R2s.
- R3: Two (2) non-continuous weeks of nights, one to two (1-2) weeks of late call and three to four (3-4) weekends.
- R4: Two to three (2-3) non-continuous weeks of nights, one to two (1-2) weeks of late call and two to three (2-3) weekends.
Do you have moonlighting opportunities?
We have ample opportunities for in-house moonlighting at our Voorhees and Sheridan Pavilion (Three Cooper Plaza) locations covering contrast injections as well as reading cases. These are distributed among the residents with priority based on seniority and good academic standing starting second year.
What are the hours for moonlighting?
Weekday shifts are 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Voorhees location and 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Sheridan Pavilion in Camden (Three Cooper Plaza) location.
Weekend shifts start at 8 a.m. and hours vary depending on the injection schedule.
Does Cooper provide educational allowances/resources?
- $500 yearly education stipend
- $300 for the entirety of the residency for electronics
- StatDx subscription
- RadPrimer subscription
- In house e-anatomy subscription
- BoardVitals subscription
- $2,000 stipend for AIRP living expenses
- Research presentation expenses (up to $3,000 covering travel, hotel, food and registration)
- Board review course of your choosing (up to $3,000 covering registration, travel, hotel and food)
- Titan Radiology Board Buster videos
What other benefits do residents receive?
- Four (4) weeks of paid time off
- Official holidays recognized by Cooper
- Two (2) wellness days per academic year
- Monthly meal stipend
- Free parking
- Four (4) pairs of Cooper scrubs every two years
- Two (2) embroidered white coats