Michael Walsh, MS, DABR, is a board-certified Medical Physicist at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. He joined Cooper in 2015 and has worked as a medical physicist in the Philadelphia area since 2006 after graduating from the University of Pennsylvania Medical Physics graduate program.
Joo Han Park is a board-certified Medical Physicist at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. Dr. Park received his Ph.D. from Purdue University and completed residency at Rutgers University. He has been at Cooper since 2013.
Among his publications:
- Q. Xu, J. Fan, J. Grimm, T. LaCouture, S. Asbell, J.H. Park, G. Kubicek.a The dosimetric impact of the prescription isodose line (IDL) on the quality of robotic stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) plans. Med Phys. 2017 Dec;44(12):6159-6165.
- L. Kim, I. Malajovich, R. Meral, J.H. Park, J. Xue. Effect of beam profile measurement on arc therapy plan quality assurance: a case study. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. 2017 May;18(3):52-55.
- J. Xue, P. Balter, J. Fan, J.H. Park, L. Kim, J. D. Ohrt, S. M. Kirsner, G. S. Ibbott. Validation of Treatment Planning Dose Calculations: Experience Working with Medical Physics Practice Guideline 5.a. International Journal of Medical Physics, Clinical Engineering and Radiation Oncology. 2017 Feb; Vol.6 No.1
- S. Nishioka, J.H. Park, W. Zou, M. Zhang, A. Khan, B. Haffty, N. Yue, T. Chen. Real patient data based cross verification of kilovoltage and megavoltage CT calibration for proton therapy. Phys Med. 2016 Feb;32(2):343-52.
- N. Yue, G. Sharad, J.H. Park, S. Jones, X.T. Xu, A. Khan, B. Haffty, T. Chen, Optimization of Heart Block in the Left-sided Whole Breast Radiation Treatments. Front Oncol. 2014 Dec 2;4:342.
Leonard Kim is chief medical physicist at the MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. Before coming to Cooper, Leonard was at Rutgers University from 2011-2015, where he was residency director and founded the certificate program. Before coming to New Jersey, Leonard was at William Beaumont Hospital for 10 years where he had the privilege of working with or under 12 Fellows of the AAPM including John Wong, David Jaffray, Michael Sharpe, Mark Oldham, Di Yan, and Patrick McDermott. Leonard’s research was primarily focused on breast radiotherapy, particularly the issue of targeting microscopic disease. He is currently developing a novel dosimeter for use in MR-guided radiation therapy.
Lili An is a Medical Physicist at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. A graduate of the Harbin Institute of Technology, she has been working at Cooper since 2004 where she is the lead brachytherapy physicist.
Gye Won (Diane) Choi is a Medical Physicist at the MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. She received her MS and completed residency at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. She joined Cooper in 2018.
Andrew Jaffe, MS
Andrew Jaffe is a Medical Physicist at the MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. He earned his MS from Thomas Jefferson University and completed residency with Landauer Medical Physics at the Levine Cancer Institute, then joined Cooper in 2022. Aside from the pursuit of traditional therapy physics, he is particularly interested in the application of FDM 3D printing techniques to the modern Radiation Oncology clinic.
Badal R. Juneja, PhD, DABR is a board-certified Medical Physicist at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. Dr. Juneja joined Cooper in 2016 after finishing his residency at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. He earned his Ph.D. at the University of Florida in Gainesville under Dr. Frank Bova. Outside of his clinical responsibilities, Dr. Juneja enjoys figuring out how to use technology to make patient care more efficient and effective. He played a major role in automating several routine clinical tasks at Cooper. He has a strong passion for quality assurance activities and loves to solve problems in the clinic. He is currently looking at data-mining the record-and-verify system to assess areas where clinical practice can be improved.
Among his awards and honors: Southwest AAPM Young Investigator (2015), Lawrence Fitzgerald Award for Florida AAPM (2013), and American Nuclear Society Undergraduate Design Competition (2009).