How to Apply
The Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program continues to accept universal applications and to participate in the NRMP match. We require receipt of the following information in order for your application to be considered:
- Fellowship application–available at the following website link: Click here.
- Curriculum vitae
- Three original letters of recommendation, one of which must be from your current or most recent training director
- A statement describing your training goals and future career plans
- A copy of your ECFMG certificate if you are a foreign medical graduate
- A copy of your USMLE scores for Steps 1 and 2, as well as Step 3, if available
The Program Director and two additional faculty members will review applicant files.
Invitation for interview will be based upon their recommendations.
SCC and ACS Fellowship Application Service (SAFAS) Now Open
The Surgical critical care and Acute care surgery Fellowship Application Service (SAFAS), sponsored by the Surgical Critical Care Program Directors Society (SCCPDS), is currently accepting applications for Appointment Year 2016. Using SAFAS, applicants may complete one standardized application form, upload supporting documents, request letters of recommendation, and submit to multiple SCC and ACS Fellowship Programs online. Applicants must still use the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), with Rank Order List (ROL) deadline September 30, 2015.
All PGY- 5 surgical residents who will complete their general surgical residency by June 30 are eligible. Those surgical residents that have completed three years of surgical residency by June 30, who are in a categorical surgical residency program expected to complete the program, are also eligible to apply.
Program Director: Steven E. Ross, MD, FACS, FCCM
Associate Program Director: Raymond Green, DO, FACS
Karen Orlando, Coordinator
Cooper University Health Care
Office of Surgical Education
Three Cooper Plaza, Suite 411
Camden, NJ 08103