Cooper University Hospital offers fellowship programs in the following subspecialties:
- Advanced Hospital Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Hematology / Oncology
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine (HPM)
- Infectious Diseases
- Interventional Cardiology
- Mohs Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Pain Medicine
- Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine
- Surgical Critical Care
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
In selecting from among qualified applications, for first-graduate-year positions (PGY-1), Cooper University Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All fourth-year medical students applying for a PGY-1 position must be enrolled in the NRMP.
All applicants must be either:
- A graduate of an American or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME) or
- A graduate of a foreign medical school, certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), earned through passing the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination in the Medical Sciences (FMGEMS), Part 1 and Part II examinations of the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME), or the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE); and by meeting all other requirements of the ECFMG.
Graduate medical education appointments are made for a period of one year. Individuals are eligible for yearly reappointment, provided that all applicable requirements in the chosen specialty are met, and satisfactory performance is maintained. Departments may request interviews of candidates who meet the criteria of the program. Selection shall be made from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Programs must not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status.
Brochures and Fellowship Agreements
|CLICK HERE to view the complete Postgraduate Medical Education brochure|
|CLICK HERE to view the Fellowship Application|
|CLICK HERE to view the Fellowship Agreement of Appointment|