Orientation and Training
Once you have accepted a position with Cooper, you will be given exact dates for your orientation and training. Here's what to expect:
|When||What and Where|
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
|New Employee Orientation via WebEx. CLN modules to be completed by midnight.|
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Patient Care Services Orientation via WebEx. WebEx information will be emailed on Friday before orientation week.|
8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Fundamentals of Acute Care Course in person at 101 Haddon Avenue, 5th floor, Nursing Education Suite 502.
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
|POC (Glucometer) Training (approx. 45 minutes) in person at the hospital. POC office will email time slot and location.|
by 11 p.m.
Complete all of the assigned Epic E-learning modules in the Cooper Learning Network (CLN).
You should have received an email from the Cooper Epic Clinical Training Team regarding Epic training and the required modules on Tuesday.
It typically takes between 4 and 5 hours to complete these modules. Keep track of your time as this is paid time you will submit to your Clinical Director.
Completion of these modules is a mandatory pre-requisite and MUST be completed prior to the Thursday lab session.
|Epic classroom session in person at CCBO/L3 building on the second floor beginning at 8:30 a.m. End time is typically between 1 and 2 p.m., but this is a self-paced session and an exact end time cannot be provided.|
8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Fundamentals of Acute Care Course via WebEx. WebEx information will be emailed on Tuesday of orientation week. (Beginning the week of September 12, 2022, this will return to an in-person class at 101 Haddon Avenue, 5th floor, Nursing Education-Suite 502)
Part 1: E-Learning Epic Training Session
1. Click here to launch the CLN.
2. Log in.
3. Click Search on the toolbar.
4. On the left, select the radio button next to Certification.
5. Type “ED RN” and press Enter.
6. The Certification will appear on the right. Click Details.
7. Click Select All, then click Enroll.
8. Once enrolled, click the X at the top right to close the Certification Details window.
9. Click Overview. Your assigned e-learnings will be listed under My Task.
- CUHINP2001NH Patient Lists
- CUHINP2002NH Review the Chart
- CUHINP2003NH Flowsheets
- CUHINP2005NH Intake and Output
- CUHINP2006NH Manage Orders
- CUHINP2007NH Medication Administration
- CUHINP2008NH Admission
- CUHINP2009NH Discharge
- CUHINP2010NH Notes
- CUHINP2012NH Clinical Pathways
- CUHINP2013NH Code Narrator
- INP085 Manage LDA's using the LDA Avatar
- ED004 Signing In and Getting Up to Speed
- ED005 Introduction to the ED Narrator
- ED006 Patient Tracking
- ED015 Placing Orders from the Quick List
- ED019 Linking Override pulls in the ED
Part 2: In-Person Epic Training Session
- Please park in your assigned location and take the Cooper shuttle to the CCBO/L3 building. The shuttle picks up at the entrance of the Pavilion Building and at the Waterfront Garage. It will drop you at the front door of the CCBO/L3 building.
- Class is scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. You will receive information on the room number upon arrival.
- Please make sure that you log in and out of Kronos when you attend the lab session. Time clocks are on the second floor where the training is held.
Click here for the Cooper Health Sciences Camden Campus Map. The shuttle pick up/drop off in front of the Roberts Pavilion has been highlighted.