A Radiologic Technologist (Radiographer) is a professional member of the healthcare team who performs a vital function in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. A Radiographer must have good communication skills, able to make decisions quickly and independently and be able to perform as a team member. The setting can be in either a diagnostic, therapeutic or research area.
Radiologic Technologists use their knowledge of physics, radiographic procedures, human anatomy and physiology,exposure techniques, radiation protection and radiation biology to create permanent medical images using (x-ray)ionizing radiation.
The program is a 22-month full-time certificate program with articulations at various colleges, to assist in completing an Associate or Bachelor Degree.
For admission to the program, applicants must directly contact the School of Medical Radiography and have the following requirements:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Cumulative College Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.7 or greater.
- Satisfactory completion (B or better) of college-level core pre-requisite course:
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II. These courses must include a lab
- Intermediate Algebra or Pre-Calculus course
- Satisfactory completion (C or better) of college-level core pre-requisite courses:
- Medical Terminology Course
- Biomedical Ethics Course
- English course such as English Composition-I
- All pre-requisite college courses should have been completed within the past 5 years.
- Completion/Completing requirements for an AS/AA degree or possess a higher degree.
Please review Catalogue/Handbook for further information.
Students, after successful completion of the program, are eligible to sit for the National Boards given by theAmerican Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or the NJ Board of Radiologic Technology Examiners.
|CLICK HERE to view the Handbook for the School of Medical Radiography|
|CLICK HERE to view the Radiography Application, Directions and Reference Forms|
For more information contact:
Martina Harris, B.S, MA.Ed, R.T.(R)
Diagnostic Imaging Programs
Cooper University Hospital
One Cooper Plaza, Dorrance 408 South
Camden, NJ 08103-1489
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-2901
The State of New Jersey
Bureau of Environmental Protection
Board of Radiologic Technology Examiners
P.O. Box 415
Trenton, NJ 08625-0415